Shatta Wale Runs For Cover  


Shatta Wale
Dancehall artiste Charles Nii Armah Mensah Jnr, popularly known in showbiz as Shatta Wale, has filed a motion to enable him and Charter House go through Alternative Dispute Resolution (ADR) over his GH¢10 million defamation suit.

An Accra Fast Track High Court recently granted an order restraining Shatta Wale from making further defamatory remarks about events outfit Charter House.

Charter House and Mr Iyiola Ayoade, Chief Executive of the company, had sued Shatta Wale over a series of what they said are defamatory videos the musician uploaded on social media site, Facebook, on September 23 and 24.

They are consequently petitioning the court to awardGH¢10 million as damages for the defamatory comments made in the four videos the artiste had uploaded on his social media platform.

The plaintiffs, among other things, are asking the court to order Shatta Wale to record and upload four different videos, rendering ‘an unqualified apology and retraction of each of the four videos, whose terms would be approved by the Plaintiffs prior to the recording and uploading on his Facebook page.’

Charter House and Mr Ayoade are also asking the court for an ‘order of perpetual injunction retraining the Defendant, his agents, hirelings, manager(s), privies and assigns or any person through him and howsoever described from making and/or repeating the defamatory statements or similar statements in the nature of the ones complained in the video recordings.’

However, at the court premises yesterday, Mr Lawrence Agblo, a Senior Events Executive of Charter House Ghana, told journalists that the company had just been served with the motion and would have to go through before taking any decision.

Mr Agblo explained that Charter House could not act on the motion, indicating that they would have to decide on it.

He said the company needed to see the contents of the said motion before any action could be taken.

Parties in the matter are expected to come back to court on November 6.

Earlier at the trial of the case in the court presided over by Naa Adoley Azu, the defence counsel’s plea to the court for an out of court settlement was rejected by Egbert Faibille Jnr, who alleged that Shatta Wale even when he had been served with the Court Summons went ahead to release a single against Charter House.

Ms Adoley Azu, however, ordered the defence counsel to present their terms of settlement or the case would be heard.

By Jeffrey De-Graft Johnson
Email: [email protected]
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

Comments:
This article has 0 comment, leave your comment.

You must be logged in to post a comment Login