Man drags wife to court for attempted murder

It is a tale of a marriage turned sour in which a 54-year-old businessman dragged his wife before an Accra Magistrate Court for allegedly conspiring with another man to kill him.

Evans Kumah alleged that his wife,  Evelyn Kumah, 38, and one Nana Adjei, also 38, attempted to murder him on September 27, 2013.

Evelyn and Adjei who have been  charged with attempted murder and conspiracy to commit crime pleaded not guilty when they appeared before the Adjabeng Court 1, presided over by Miss Arit Nsemoh in Accra.

Presenting the facts, Chief Inspector Gregory Yeboah said Kumah lived with  Evelyn, a businesswoman, at Baatsona while Nana Adjei, a businessman, resides at Kwabenya.

He said on September 27, 2013, at around 1:00a.m., Evelyn told her husband  she was ‘having stomach pains and asked  him to  buy her medicine.

According to the prosecutor, Kumah initially refused, but later went to buy the medicine. While driving  home, he realised he was being trailed  by an unknown person driving a BMW x6 vehicle.

When Mr Kumah got  home and was waiting for his gate to be opened, he saw  the  BMW X6 behind him. He became suspicious  but managed to drive into the compound of the house.

The prosecutor said at 4:20p.m.the same day, Evelyn again  complained of stomach ache and was taken to the Sakumono Community Hospital by her husband, where she was admitted.

On September 28, 2013 around 1:40 a.m., Chief Inspector Yeboah said  Evelyn called her husband to bring her medicine from the house, but Mr Kumah told her to let the nurses attend to her, but she insisted so he sent her the medicine.

He said when Kumah stepped out to go to the hospital, he received a call from his wife enquiring if he was home and immediately after the call, a sports car pulled up along the road.

The assailant called out the victim’s name, ‘Akora’, a name he goes by in the vicinity and asked to see him.

Thinking it was one of his neighbours, Chief Inspector Yeboah said Kumah got closer and the assailant, who Kumah recognised as Adjei, drew a pistol and fired two shots at  him.

The prosecutor said the first bullet hit Kumah in the abdomen but the second missed him after which Adjei sped off in the car.

According to Chief Inspector Yeboah, Kumah was rushed to  the Tema General Hospital by witnesses who  came  to the scene after hearing the gunshots.

A report was made to the  police and they found a polo shirt and a white singlet soaked with blood in Kumah’s house.

Evelyn  and Adjei have been  granted bail in the sum of  GH¢80,000 each with two sureties.

More General News »

This article has 0 comment, leave your comment.

You must be logged in to post a comment Login