Kakum Canopy Walkway Intact, Safe And Secure- Management


The management of the Kakum National Park and the Canopy Walkway has denied media reports that the canopy walkway collapsed on Wednesday.

Francis Dontoh Cobbinah, Executive Director of the Ghana Heritage Conservative Trust (GHCT), who made this known during a press conference in Cape Coast on Thursday, mentioned that the Kakum Canopy Walkway has not collapsed, and that it was intact, safe and secure.

He said the canopy walkway, built in 1995 by experienced Canadians and supported by some Ghanaians, was strictly maintained through the regular changing of various parts, tightening and oiling sections.

‘For twenty years, the Kakum Canopy Walkway which is about 330 metres long has been in operation without any incidents.’

Mr Cobbinah said despite the fact that there was an insurance cover for the facility as well as the staff and people who used it, management had not compromised with its regular maintenance.

He said just last month all the bridges and nylon nets used on the walkway were changed and new ones fixed.

He said any news that linked the collapse of the Bunso Arboretum Canopy Walkway in the Eastern Region to the Kakum Walkway might have been accidental.

Mr Cobbinah, therefore, appealed to the various media houses with any reservations to contact the management before going public.

He assured the general public and regular users of the walkway that their safety would continue to be management’s topmost priority.

The executive director of GHCT, therefore, advised the public not to harbour any negative feelings about the facility, but continue to patronise it.

Mr Cobbinah seized the opportunity to wish those who got injured in the collapsed Bunso Arboretum Canopy Walkway in the Eastern Region speedy recovery.


More General News »


Comments:
This article has 0 comment, leave your comment.

You must be logged in to post a comment Login