Girl, 14, Electrocuted


Whindo, a farming community near Asakae in the Kwesimintsim constituency of the Western Region, was thrown into a state of mourning yesterday when news broke that a well-known teenager in the area had been electrocuted.

The deceased, Epo Efua, 14, a junior high school student, was laid to rest after a solemn burial service yesterday afternoon.

DAILY GUIDE gathered that the deceased visited a friend in the same vicinity in the afternoon and was allegedly electrocuted whilst leaning against a window in the friend’s house.

According to sources, a live electric wire fell on the roofing sheets of the building and it was believed that the electric current passed through a wire mesh that had been used to secure one of the windows of the house.

Unknowingly, Epo Efua decided to lean against the window and was purportedly electrocuted. She was rushed to the hospital but was declared dead upon arrival.

The weird aspect of the story was that the family refused to take the body to the mortuary for autopsy or report to the police, but rather sent the mortal remains home after she was declared dead on arrival at the hospital.

The deceased’s mother, Maame Wu, told journalists that she had single-handedly taken care of Efua since birth till her demise because the father refused to accept the pregnancy.

From Emmanuel Opoku, Takoradi


More General News »


Comments:
This article has 0 comment, leave your comment.

You must be logged in to post a comment Login