Girl, 14, electrocuted after leaning against window

A 14-year old Junior High School student in the Kwesimintsim constituency of the Western Region, has been electrocuted after leaning against an electrified window.

DAILY GUIDE gathered that the deceased, Epo Efua visited a friend in the same vicinity.

According to sources, a live electric wire fell on the roofing sheets of the building and it was believed that the electric current passed through a wire mesh that had been used to secure one of the windows of the house.

Unknowingly, Epo Efua decided to lean against the window and was purportedly electrocuted. She was rushed to the hospital but was declared dead upon arrival.

Whindo, a farming community near Asakae in the Kwesimintsim constituency of the Western Region, was thrown into a state of mourning yesterday when news broke that a well-known teenager in the area had died.

The family refused to take the body to the mortuary for autopsy or report to the police, but rather sent the mortal remains home after she was declared dead on arrival at the hospital.

The deceased’s mother, Maame Wu, told journalists that she had single-handedly taken care of Efua since birth till her demise because the father refused to accept the pregnancy.

The deceased was laid to rest after a solemn burial service yesterday afternoon.


More General News »


Comments:
This article has 0 comment, leave your comment.

You must be logged in to post a comment Login