DKM Boss Fails To Meet Bail Conditions

THE CEO of DKM Microfinance, Martin Delle, is still in prison custody following his inability to meet the bail conditions set by the Sunyani Circuit Court ‘A’ yesterday.

The CEO and one of his directors were granted bail by the Sunyani Circuit Court ‘A’ in the sum of GH¢50,000 each with three sureties and two to be justified; but as at press time yesterday, the DKM boss was still in custody because he couldn’t meet the bail conditions.

The substantive case involving the locked up interests of customers of Creative Fun Club was adjourned to Friday, November 20, 2015.

It would be recalled that the CEO of DKM Microfinance was last Friday remanded in prison custody for failing to pay the accrued interests of customers of Creative Fun Club, a non financial institution he presides over in some districts in the Brong-Ahafo Region.

More Suits
After the court proceedings, as the CEO was in the courtroom waiting for his counsel to satisfy his bail conditions, court bailiffs from a Commercial Court and a Magistrate Court were also waiting outside to serve him with other writs.

After waiting for a while, the bailiffs went into the courtroom and served him the writs.

Initially, he refused to accept them, saying they should be given to his counsel. But after some interventions from court officials, he took them and handed them over to his lawyer.

The courtroom itself and outside were full of customers of his company who were waiting impatiently to hear something favorable about their investments.

At the time of filing this report, the registrar of the court, Kyei Baffour, told DAILY GUIDE that if the bail conditions were not met by the close of the day, Martin Delle would have to be remanded in prison custody again to reappear on Friday, 20th November, 2015.

Motorbike Thief
Meanwhile a middle-aged man was caught red-handed trying to steal an Apsonic motorbike belonging to one of the customers who had come to court to listen to the case.

The owner of the motorbike, Abukari Rasak, told DAILY GUIDE that though he was in court for the proceedings, he at the same time kept an eye on his motorbike.

He said at a point he came out and saw a gentleman attempting to steal his motorbike.

According to him, the suspect tried to use a kitchen knife to cut some of the wires to enable him push it away.

He then raised an alarm and people rushed in and caught him with the bike. The thief was then given severe beatings by the people around before he was handed over to the police.

Blood oozed out of his nostrils and mouth as the police whisked him away to the Sunyani Municipal Police Station.

[email protected]
From Daniel Yao Dayee, Sunyani

More General News »

This article has 0 comment, leave your comment.

You must be logged in to post a comment Login