Asantehene is alive- Manhyia


The Manhyia Palace has dismissed rumours about the passing of the Asantehene, Otumfuo Osei Tutu II.

 
News of the death of the King of the Ashanti Kingdom has been making the rounds on social media in recent times.

 
But the Manhyia Palace in a statement said “the Asantehene has been in South Africa since January 11 and is scheduled to return to Kumasi next week”.

 
The statement signed by the Chief of Staff at Manhyia, Kofi Badu, says Otumfuo is on private visit.

 
Meanwhile, the Asantehene has sent a message of goodwill to the local Black Stars in their crucial semi-final of the African Nations Championship against Nigeria in Bloemfontein on Wednesday.

 
“Otumfuo spoke on telephone to Mr. Kwasi Nyantakyi, Chairman of the Ghana Football Association “, the statement said.

 
“Mr Nyantakyi thanked Otumfuo for his message and assured him that the team would, as always take inspiration from his support and counsel,” the statement added.

Comments:
Leave a comment. 0 comment so far.

You must be logged in to post a comment Login