Arrest Wisa Court Orders

Drama unfolded at an Accra Gender-Based Circuit yesterday when lawyers of Hiplife artiste Eugene Ashe aka Wisa Greid failed to overturn a bench warrant for the immediate arrest of the musician.

Lawyer Jerry Avenogbor rushed to the court minutes after news broke that the court, presided over by Abena Oppong Adjin-Doku had heard the case in his absence.

Interestingly, Wisa’s manager and the lawyer, who was not at the previous sitting as a result of the non-payment of legal fees, were absent.

The prosecutor Chief Inspector J. B Asante, in an answer to a question from the judge, stated that she had no idea about the whereabouts of the Ekiki Mi hit singer.

The case investigator Detective Chief Inspector Edward Adjei Odame, on his part, said he did not know the whereabouts of Wisa.

This compelled the trial judge to issue the bench warrant for the arrest of Wisa and adjourned hearing until February 12, 2016.

Wisa Greid is standing trial for allegedly showing his manhood during a live performance on December 24, 2015 during the ‘December 2 Remember’ event at the Accra International Conference Centre.

Video of the artiste stripping and rubbing his manhood behind his female dancer on stage was put on social media, compelling his management to apologize over what it described as the artiste’s ‘rash and irresponsible behavior.’

He is currently on GH¢8,000 bail with one surety.
The accused person’s absence in court thwarted plans of the prosecution to show the video to the court.

The judge had at the previous sitting ordered the prosecution to bring the equipment required to play the video to the court.

The prosecution failed to present the controversial video that captured Wisa showing his penis in public at the last sitting because it was ‘locked’ up in the exhibits store of the police.

D/Chief Inspector Odame told the court how the attention of Accra Regional Police Command was drawn to the video posted on the internet by an unknown person.

The police officer said his outfit contacted Wisa’s manager and asked him to travel to the police headquarters for investigations, adding that during investigation, it was revealed that the incident happened at the event.

By Jeffrey De-Graft Johnson
[email protected]

More General News »

This article has 0 comment, leave your comment.

You must be logged in to post a comment Login