2 Americans Killed At Akosombo


The Akosombo Police Command in the Eastern Region have found the bodies of two African-Americans who were killed and buried by some unknown persons Monday night, DAILY GUIDE has gathered.

The victims were earlier reported to have gone missing and a search in their room Tuesday afternoon purportedly revealed blood stains on the floor; and a blood-stained cudgel, believed to have been used to hit them, was also found.

The paramount chief of the Akwamu Traditional Area, Odeneho Kwafo Akoto II, on Wednesday dispatched over 70 people to complement a police search for the two missing persons.

There were suspicions among residents that the two murdered persons – a 75-year-old lady identified only as Mamlena and 60-year-old Nzinga – were kidnapped and murdered.

According to reports, the two, who were leaders of the African-American community in Akwamu, were recently accused by the Chieftaincy Minister, Dr Henry Seidu Dannaa, of illegally acting as chiefs.

They were said to have been living in fear after alleged threats on their lives and since a Ghanaian Osofo, who lays claim to the stool, reportedly forcibly moved to take over one of their houses.

Their fears were heightened when their dogs were poisoned.

Friends and relatives of the two didn’t see them on Tuesday, and all calls to them went unanswered.

Alarmed, they broke into their room but found nobody except blood on the floor, prompting fear that they might have been kidnapped or harmed.

Police Reaction
The Akosombo Divisional Commander, ACP Bosompem, told DAILY GUIDE in an interview that his outfit detected a burial site on Wednesday morning and that they were waiting for officials from the Criminal Investigations Department (CID) headquarters in Accra to come and help with investigation.

According to ACP Bosompem, they ‘suspected that something had been buried there,’ and until the place is investigated ‘they wouldn’t know what was in the ground there.’

He said the site was sighted about 300 meters from the residence of the African-Americans and that plans were underway to exhume what had been buried there.

Meanwhile, a private legal practitioner, Samson Lardy Anyenini, late last year, brought a suit on behalf of the community leaders against the chieftaincy minister, who they alleged had supported one Osofo to mistreat them (leaders) using national security.

The Osofo was named in the suit as claiming right to the symbolic stool created by the National House of Chiefs to reintegrate Disaporans.

A source hinted DAILY GUIDE that Samson claimed the suit was withdrawn earlier this year after the Attorney-General (A-G) had called for an amicable settlement.

It hinted that some of the leaders were in Accra to inform the US Embassy and the families of the two missing women about the incident.

By Daniel Bampoe


More General News »


Comments:
This article has 1 comments, leave your comment.

You must be logged in to post a comment Login